Behind every senior manager or company director you'll find a well organised, super efficient and unflappable personal assistant. If that is you, please read on:
Purpose of the Job
To fully support the CEO in her day-to-day activities as required. To oversee/manage the general requirements of the office and ensure its smooth day-to-day running.
As PA to the CEO you will work closely with senior managerial or directorial staff to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. Your priority will be to assist the CEO to make the best use of her time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
The CEO will rely heavily on their PA, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in her absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes in order to be successful in this role.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The PA reports directly to the CEO.
Key Result Areas
As a PA, you will often act as the CEO's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation. Tasks are likely to include:
- To fully support the CEO and ensure the smooth running of her day to day schedule: to be responsible for the CEO’s diary management including the organization of internal and external meetings, lunches, events, travel, accommodation and taxis. Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO
- To produce quality materials including emails, letters, memos and account related files/documents (secretarial duties)
- To carry out background research and present findings
- To organise and attend meetings, ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings
- To produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- To manage the smooth running of the office and maintain / instill the highest level of standards
- To devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing
- To efficiently liaise with clients, suppliers, bank and internal/external teams (staff & freelancers) as and when appropriate; to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- To screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handle them when appropriate
- To meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority
- To assist the financial desk and carry out financial duties (as instructed by the CEO)
- To manage projects and budgets in line with business expectations
- To conduct detailed analytical research and compile corresponding accurate and comprehensive reports and deliver to agreed deadlines
- To assist the management team where/if appropriate and provide relevant support to the financial desk as instructed by the CEO
- To have a thorough understanding of our business and be aware of market and customer trends as well as GL’s competitors
- At all times to provide accurate and regular reports to the CEO; maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
In addition to supporting the CEO and key managers / directors and their teams the PA will also have their own personal workload and responsibilities. The scope of the PA's role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- carrying out specific projects and research;
- responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- taking on some of the managers’ responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- deputising for the managers, making decisions and delegating work to others in the managers’ absence;
- being involved in decision-making processes
A qualification in business, management or administration is helpful and a second language would be an asset.
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you will need to show evidence of the following:
- exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- good organisational and time management skills;
- the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work on your own initiative;
- honesty and reliability;
- attention to detail;
- friendly and unflappable demeanour;
- flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
Excellent administration skills
Excellent editorial skills
Excellent communication skills
Excellent organisational skills
Excellent numeric skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent telephone manner
Excellent computer skills
Previous experience in meeting deadlines
Structured and methodical approach
General willingness to learn
It would be ideal to have a minimum of two years' relevant experience, which will generally have been gained in a PA or secretarial or administrative role. However, graduates will also be considered for this position.
You will generally work from 9.30am to 6pm. It may be necessary to work overtime during peak times and when deadlines are close or special projects are demanding.
What to expect
- A varied, interesting and exciting job within a friendly environment; there is frequent contact with people, either face-to-face or by phone or email
- The job may be very stressful at times, as it can sometimes involve dealing with difficult or demanding projects and multiple deadlines across different business requirements
- The support nature of your role means that the PA's contribution to the business will always be recognised and appreciated across the organisation and you will play an integral role within the executive team and be an invaluable support to the CEO
About the Company
Global Listings is the world’s leading listings provider. A TV-based media company specialising in the supply of comprehensive programme information: Press Schedules, EPGs, TV Highlights and TV Listings, the company operates in 145 countries worldwide, across 28 time zones worldwide and in 36 languages on a daily basis. The company has extensive experience in the TV programme information arena – including full editorial services, translations and distribution – and is able to package its services in various ways that allow its clients to choose their preferred benefits.
The company launched on March 12th 2002 and is headquartered in London, UK. Since launch the company has acquired prestigious exciting TV accounts in the UK, USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Russian Federation and Asia. All our services span 36 languages in addition to English and we have the ability – staff and technology – to launch our services in any language and country in the world.
In order to apply, please send in the following information to:
Email subject: PA to CEO job
- Attach your CV
- Include a Covering Letter explaining why we should interview you
- Include your current or most recent salary
- Include your availability or notice period, i.e. when you would be available to start the job
Please note that applications will NOT be considered without the above four criteria being supplied.
Also note that a 30-min assessment will be conducted prior to a potential interview with the CEO. The assessment consists of a 15-min numeracy test and a 15-min editorial assessment.